Thursday 3 November 2011

BEFORE BY CAMBRIA HEBERT



BLURB is taken from Goodreads

What if your life was charmed and everything in it was perfect… 
Before. 
This is the story of my past. Of what things were like for me when everything was normal. Of what every teenager’s life is like. Clothes. Parties. Boys and summer vacation. What’s so wrong with that? I liked it. I was happy. 
Until things changed. I changed. 
I didn’t know that lies and secrets were about to take over my existence. I didn’t know there was someone out there, someone meant just for me. I didn’t know that I was about to go on a journey, a journey that would lead me to the girl I am today. 
This is the beginning of the worst year of my life. Would I go back and change things? Erase everything that has happened to go back into these moments? 
Not a chance. 
This is a story of before.

Right first of all yes I am friends with Cambria on Goodreads but I want to take this opportunity to say that my review will be as honest as if I had picked up the book at a local bookstore. 
Now onto the book review... 
Hmmm very mysterious, it certainly makes you want the next book NOW! 
It is well written very descriptive, so much you feel the atmosphere and can see the surroundings etc.Its definitely got me thinking what is Sam? I think I might have an idea but am I being too obvious and who is the monster as well as what and what hold does he/she have over Sam. Then there's the ending bit Ooo Is it Heven screaming or someone else. This prequel really leaves you asking lots and lots of questions which of course, is exactly what it should do. Yeah theres the odd typo here and there but nothing major and certainly doesn't spoil the flow of the book.I seriously would have wanted to drop everything and read Masquerade if I had had it to hand! 
I already love the characters of Heven and of course Sam too, even though I don't yet know what/who he is.
I also love the cover, the person on the front is presumably Heven, as she is described in the book as looking heavenly.

The expected publication date is 18th November 2011.
The Book Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWr_goy8lU8

No comments:

Post a Comment