Saturday 10 September 2011

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - GERALDINE SOLON





What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarize it in less than 20 words what would you say?

My latest book is Chocolicious which is about love, loss and a mother’s sacrifice. And of course lots of CHOCOLATE!!!

Do you have plans for a new book?

Here’s the summary of my next book The Assignment which will be released in January:
Travel journalist, Sophie Matthews is a nomad who hasn’t found a place she could call home. Working for Constar Communications has allowed her to embrace different cultures. As she turns forty, Sophie’s desires are different—she now wants to settle down and have a family. Her boss, Greg Sullivan leaves her with one request to fulfill her last assignment, featuring the life of artist/writer Marina Suarez who was captured by Japanese soldiers during World War II in the Philippines. Ten years ago, Sophie left the Philippines with a broken heart, but as fate would have it, she soon finds herself in the busy streets of Manila and crosses paths with Eric Santiago once again. As Sophie tries to unravel the mystery of Marina’s life, she learns that Eric is the only one who can help her put the pieces together.  When Sophie discovers Marina’s deep, dark secret, little does Sophie know it will change her life forever.

Do you gift books to readers to do reviews?
Yes, of course. I’m so grateful to all the reviewers that have read my books and wrote reviews. Reviewers like you inspire authors to keep writing.

How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book/books?Who designed the Cover of your books?
I base my titles on symbols that are the main essence of my books. For Love Letters, the love letters is what ignited long lost loves to believe in second chances. For Chocolicious, chocolate was the symbol of comfort which translates to love and family. I use graphic designers and cover artists for the covers.

Which format of book do you prefer, ebook,hardback, or paperback?

Although my son bought me a Kindle, I’m still emotionally attached to the paperback. I’m one of those who don’t want to embrace the digital revolution for books. Give me a little more time to smell and devour my love for the paperback. LOL!

What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it?(ebook, hardback or paperback)

I just read Still Missing by Chevy Stevens on paperback and I was literally hooked. I was so engrossed with the book that I’m going to read her next novel, Never Knowing. She is a new author to watch for.

Is there a book you know you will never read? Or one you tried to read but just couldn't finish?
I’ve read all genres except for Sci-Fi. I don’t think I would ever read in that genre. You could say I’m more drawn to character-driven novels over plot-driven books.

What do you think about book trailers?

I think they’re awesome. What perfect way to showcase your book.

What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?

Don’t try to follow the trend, but write about what you care about. Writing is an emotional experience and you should always write from the heart. Keep learning on how to improve your craft and never give up. Now is the perfect time to be an author with all the resources available.

Thanks for the interview. I truly enjoyed chatting with you. You can learn more about me and my work at www.geraldinesolon.com.


Thank you for taking the time from your writing schedule to do this interview, allowing us, the readers a glimpse into your world of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment